The early maps of Hancock County show a town named Pleasantville. Maps printed a few years later, show another town on the Pleasantville site. McComb had taken its place.
Pleasantville was laid out by Benjamin Todd n the northeast corner of the west half of the northeast quarter of Section 26, in 1847. The plat consisting of 18 lots, was acknowledged Aug. 18, 1847, before Price Blackford, justice of the peace, and recorded Sept. 4, 1847 by John Adams, recorder.