History of our church:
When the congregation began to outgrow the first building, a small frame structure, ground for a new building was purchase directly west of the old location.
On June 1, 1891, the building was started on South St. It was completed and dedicated in December of that same year. This church building was of short duration, however, for on February 19, 1893, the interior of the building was destroyed by fire. Reconstruction started shortly on the building that was being used in 1947, on South St. The bell in use the bell tower then was one that was use many years ago on the first Hancock County courthouse.
A new church was built in 2000, at the current location.